The group travel grant is an additional contribution that is paid prior to the trip. Afterwards the applicant must submit a report and the final financial statement so that we can inform our contributors about how the fund has been spent.
Study trips that are part of the mandatory part of the program and for which the participants receive credits, are not supported.
The following deadlines are in place for applying for a group travel grant:
- Deadline February 27, 2022 (for departure between May 1 and July 31). Board meeting is on April 7, 2022.
- Deadline May 22, 2022 (for departure between August 1 and October 31). Board meeting is on June 28, 2022.
- Deadline September 4, 2022 (for departure between November 1 and January 31). Board meeting is on October 13, 2022.
- Deadline October 30, 2022 (for departure between February 1 and April 30). Board meeting is on December 15, 2022.
Submit the application using the form below and include all necessary information. The form is in English, files can be uploaded in Dutch.
Checklist group travel grant application
Applications must include:
- a detailed budget (download);
- a grant application including your motivation, signature and date. In the motivation letter the applicant makes clear with enthusiasm and conviction that the grant amount will be well spent. The applicant also explains why the group trip abroad is of additional (academic) value to the study at the UvA;
- a description of the group trip with the (provisional) program;
- an overview of participating students including their student numbers;
- a personal letter of recommendation from one or more lecturers, focused on the study trip;
- a statement from the education director of the relevant program that the intended trip has their approval.
The report should not exceed two A4 pages or 1.000 words and should include the following topics:
- description of the purpose of the trip (e.g. get in touch with other students, visit companies, follow workshops);
- academic added value of the trip;
- academic contacts (fellow students, faculty etc.);
- did the trip meet the objective?
Please submit a few digital photos along with the report in high resolution JPG files (file size larger than 1 MB). The photos and the report may be used for our website, online newsletter or other publications through which we inform our contributors about how the fund is spent. If we intend to do so, we will ask for your permission first. We do not provide compensation for the use of photos.
Please send the report and photos within three weeks after returning home via email to subsidieaanvragen-AUF@uva.nl, and include your name and phone number.