The grant is an additional contribution and is intended for projects that cannot be paid for using regular university funding. The amount of contribution is determined separately for each project.
The grant awarded is paid before the project starts. Afterwards, you must submit a report and the final financial statement of the project so that we can inform our contributors about how the fund was spent.
Applications for production costs of publications such as journals, dissertations and scientific publications are not eligible. Applications for projects that are financed through other means (for example, through already committed funds or sponsorships) will also not be considered.
The following deadlines are in place for applying for a student project grant:
- Q1 2023: 26 February 2023
- Q2 2023: 21 May 2023
- Q3 2023: 3 September 2023
- Q4 2023: 29 October 2023
Submit the application using the form below and include all necessary information. The form is in English, files can be uploaded in Dutch.
Checklist student project grant application
Applications must include:
- a detailed budget (download);
- a grant application including your motivation, signature and date. In the motivation letter the applicant explains why the project will benefit scientific research and education at the UvA and/or its students;
- a project description with a clear description of (the role of) the participating party/parties and a (preliminary) program;
- a personal letter of recommendation from one or more lectures, related to the project.
The report should not exceed two A4 pages or 1.000 words and should include the following topics:
- description of the goal of the project;
- academic added value of the project;
- academic contacts (fellow students, lecturers etc.);
- did the project meet the objective?
- possible follow-up?
Please submit a few digital photos along with the report in high resolution JPG files (file size larger than 1 MB). The photos and the report may be used for our website, online newsletter or other publications through which we inform our contributors about how the fund is spent. If we intend to do so, we will ask for your permission first. We do not provide compensation for the use of photos.
Please send the report and photos within three weeks after returning home via email to subsidieaanvragen-AUF@uva.nl, and include your name and phone number.